Thursday, December 25, 2008

Griffin's Christmas Thoughts


Merry Christmas! Today, of all days, it is apparent to us all that there are things in life more important than that next promotion at work, or what kind of car one drives, or what side of the tracks one lives on. If not everyday, then at least for today, let us all be reminded that there is something that transcends those ideals and motivations. Today, let us be reminded that we are all part of a much larger whole. Today, even if only expressed in the very localized focus of the ones you call family (be they biological or otherwise), let yourself be a conduit and a vessel of the expression of family, love, friendship, and spiritual harmony throughout the world. I don't care if you are Christian, Jewish, Moslem, Hindu, Buddist, Atheist, Agnostic, or Martian. Today is a day (even if your idea of the holiday is saying "Happy Solstice!") that we have a unique opportunity to step back from our agendas and look at our motives and check ourselves. Is this the person I was raised to be? Is this the person I want to be? What can I do to become a better me so that when others see me, they catch a glimpse of the universal family? I love you all out there and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. And let there be, even if just for today, peace on Earth, and goodwill toward all of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment