Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stormy Morning


This morning the wind is blowing and the sky is darkening. I feel the weather changing quickly. A storm is moving in. I love storms. I love the unpredictability of storms. The rain falling , the lightening crashing and the thunder booming. I love the passion in them.
Life is like a storm sometimes. We don't really know what we are going to get or how it will all turn out. We can only control parts of our story. Like the sudden weather change, our lives turn on a dime.
One minute you are laughing and confident that all is well and the next second a car hits yours in the side. It is all unpredictable and scary in a way, but it is also exciting and wonderful.
Even though we don't know the outcomes of a thing, even though we sometimes walk blindly into the dawn ,we walk willingly. Some of the people we meet along our path will bring us so much joy and so much love that it is worth it. I would rather have known a moments real love that didn't work out ,than to not know what it was like to feel that.
We don't have to know what is in the box before we open it. It is okay. Life's unexpected surprises are bound to happen. Some of them will be wonderful and some won't ,but either way I am glad to be here. I am glad to be a part of humanity and look forward to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment