Monday, December 29, 2008

His Betrayal


I cannot escape this loss
this dumpster of time
tossed like a rotten fruit,
leaving me with nothing,
but the death smell of an empty bin.
I'm left to look at broken glass
and graffiti of lives left in heaps
unspoken.
The head of a babydoll,
my jealous face,
both carry the same message:
we have been replaced.
I cannot escape this loss.
He can afford his sins.
I will see reflections
in the bits of broken glass
as I memorize every detail
of his little face.
He has his eyes
and her wicked smile,
as if he carries a legacy
of betrayal.
He can afford his sins,
but my sins don't go anywhere,
they stick to me with a cloying sweetness
and wait to do me in.
I twist and turn,
trying to escape this legacy,
and end up finding us,
in this thing you made.
Or what is left of us anyway.
Sabine / 2008 written just after seeing pictures of their child together.

No comments:

Post a Comment